Thursday 20 October 2011

sanding jig


The moment of truth arrived when I fitted the mechanism for the last time, complete with a drop of oil and lowered the lid. It didn't work! How could it not? This was not fair. I'd measured everything. Everything was right to within a tenth of a millimetre or so and one of the catches was missing the striking plate by about 2mm! There was no way that could happen and yet there it was staring me in the face. Laughing at me! I didn't understand it last night before I went to bed and I don't understand it now. So I'm making some more plates and adjusting things.
Nothing of which has anything to do with this photo. I started work on some ring boxes while I was waiting for some glue to dry and for today's tipette I thought I'd show you my jig for making the ring box hinges absolutely square and absolutely the same size on my disc sander.

No comments:

Post a Comment