Saturday 20 August 2011

Mulberry jewellery box and the tray trauma.



Good morning!

I think yesterday I perhaps made the mistake in starting my blog off with an introduction because a blog isn't a book! There is no beginning and who knows when the end will be and there isn't much of a plot. I suppose there are characters although even those are a bit limited! A blog is something that anybody can dip into and out of at any time so I shall treat it more like a diary and relate things that happen in the workshop where the boxes are made.
Yesterday I spent most of the day making the trays for a jewellery box in mulberry. I made four trays, sanded them and virtually completely finished them and then discovered they didn't fit....... It is a very fine line between a tray floating down into a box on a cushion of air and being too tight.When I made new trays I discovered that there was just  about 0.5mm difference between the old and the new.


No comments:

Post a Comment