Monday 22 August 2011

Mulberry jewellery box finished!


Saturday morning saw a final coat of oil going onto the mulberry jewellery box and then I have to say that I was seduced by the sun shining and a gentle breeze so I headed off to The Lakes with my paraglider! I usually work on boxes on a Saturday but this weekend the temptation was too great.
Sunday I definitely try to keep as a day of rest but yesterday I did finish off the mulberry box which involved velveting the trays and waxing. When I showed it to Christine this morning she said it looked gorgeous and actually, I think it does too.

1 comment:

  1. simply gorgeous. im making one myself from a very old black mulberry that was trimmed a couple years ago leaving some nice logs i milled some boards from. geat half blind dovetails here - i like how it keeps the face intact but shows the joints nicely on the sides. inspiring.

    ReplyDelete