Wednesday 31 August 2011

Ring boxes


I can't say the stationery box is finished but it very, very nearly is. Just oiling and waxing to do now.

So I've now started on about 10 ring boxes. I say 'about' - that's because I never know how many I'm going to lose along the way - but so far so good. I've still got 10. When I was talking about the writing slope or stationery box I mentioned gaps that were 0.75mm too big. For the ring boxes the sort of accuracy isn't nearly good enough. I found myself yesterday correcting an error of 0.25mm. Which is just over 3 human hairs thick.....depending how thick your hair is....
By the way apropos of nothing I learnt yesterday that swifts can never land on the ground. They nest in cracks and crevices of buildings and they need the height because when thy take to the wing they fall for two metres before getting enough airspeed to fly!


No comments:

Post a Comment